Dave Holton earned a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from NC State, a Master’s in Business Administration from UNC, and a Certificate in Producing for Film and TV from UCLA. Along the way, Dave managed large scale construction projects, built bridges, advised Fortune 500 CEOs across the Americas and Europe, helped make feature films, and produced digital content that generated millions of views on YouTube and Instagram.
Whatever his vocation, Dave has always been a writer and has both practiced and assisted others in the art of communication. He has studied creative writing in classes and seminars, coached ESL students on writing, speaking, and interviewing, written articles and advertisements for magazines, and analyzed hundreds of screenplays for talent agencies and film studios.
Dave enjoys writing fiction, poetry, drama, and non-fiction and exploring creative ways to cross mediums and combine ideas.
Writing (& Writing Related) Achievements:
- Published poetry and multi-page feature articles in “Milepost Magazine” 2017 and 2018 quarterly print editions.
- Wrote advertorials and half-page ads for “Outer Banks This Week” 2017 and 2018 quarterly print and ongoing digital editions.
- Wrote feature screenplay that finished top 10% in the PAGE Awards and top 15% in Scriptapalooza (both considered top 10 international screenplay competitions).
- Read and analyzed feature film screenplays for Amazon Studios as an ongoing contractor for nearly two years: appraised hundreds of writers and stories for development and production potential.
- Judged several hundred film and television entries for The Tracking Board and other highly ranked screenwriting contests.
- Produced and Assistant Directed 25-minute mockumentary “Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling” that has over 3 million views on YouTube.
- Produced season one of web series “Friendless Five,” distributed in 2016 by Fullscreen and DirecTV.
- Produced short film “Broken Wings” available on Amazon Video.
- Produced innovative short film “Vain” for 360 Virtual Reality platforms, which exhibited at film festivals worldwide.
- Project Coordinated full-length feature film “Doomsday Device.”
- Assistant Directed background actors on the music video “One Last Time” for Ariana Grande.
Business & Project Management Achievements:
- Multiple years in Management Consulting (projects in marketing & sales, logistics, and business strategy) with Fortune 500 companies (DHL, Lenovo Computers, Procter & Gamble) in the US, Germany, the Netherlands, and Mexico.
- Multiple years in Infrastructure Project Management – built bridges in Pensacola, FL and Rehoboth Beach, DE and worked on several other multi-million dollar projects.
- Earned Professional Engineering Licence in North Carolina.
Learn More & Connect:
Please see Dave’s LinkedIn page for more info on his diverse array of experience, education, and skills, and please do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to partner with Dave or discuss possible opportunities / professional engagements.
¡Y uno más cosa…También habla español, si eso se ayuda de alguna manera!