Welcome to my tiny slice of the Internet pie!
In case you don’t know me, that’s me to the right, there. Except I don’t look like that when I’m busy writing, when I’ve usually forgotten to shave and am probably wearing shorts and a t-shirt. But for now, I’ll let you believe that I’m a bit more professional looking than that.
I’ve got a mish-mash background that includes a degree in Civil Engineering from NC State, several years of project management and engineering on big bridge projects, a professional engineering license in North Carolina, a Master’s in Business Administration from UNC, a couple of years of consulting for Fortune 500 CEOs on logistics and strategy, and a Certificate in Film Production from UCLA. Oh, and a few years of making films, too. Whew! That was a mouthful.
Before, during, and after those years I’ve always been a writer, since the early days of crafting stories as a kid with my grandmother, taking classes in creative writing on the side as I studied civil engineering and business, and waking at 5 a.m. to write stories during the “professional years.” A few years ago, I finally left all that suit-and-tie stuff behind to start writing stories and making films full-time (though I do still know how to tie a tie, thank you very much).
- Produced and Assistant Directed WWE mockumentary “Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling” that now has nearly 3 million views on YouTube.
- Produced web series “Friendless Five” distributed in 2016 by Fullscreen Network and DirecTV
- Produced short film “Broken Wings” currently available on Amazon Video.
- Produced innovative short film “Vain” for 360 video / virtual reality platforms, showing at six different film festivals.
- Project Coordinated feature film “Doomsday Device” soon to be distributed by SyFy Channel.
- Assistant Directed all background actors on music video “One Last Time” for Ariana Grande.
- Wrote 7 two-page, 4 one-page, and 3 short advertorials for the Outer Banks This Week: Summer, 2017 Print and Digital Magazine.
- Wrote feature screenplay “Dragon” that finished top 10% in the 2016 PAGE Awards international screenplay contest.
- As Script Reader for Amazon Studios and contest judge for The Tracking Board and others, analyzed and appraised hundreds of feature film scripts, several of which (including Hell or High Water by Taylor Sheridan and Suburbicon by the Coen Brothers) have been/are being produced.
Services I offer:
- Nonfiction Writing – Writing of feature articles, shorts, essays, editorials, blogs, bios, and more! If it needs written, I’m interested! Will discuss ghostwriting of longer works.
- Developmental Editing – Will guide the development of your nonfiction or fiction work from start to finish. Consulting on book proposals.
- Marketing Copy and Consulting – Writing of advertisements and advertorials. Will consult on overall marketing strategy development.
- Prose Fiction and Screenplay Writing – Writing, editing, co-writing, and story consulting services available.
- Film, Television and Digital Video – Producing and project management at all stages from idea to execution and delivery. Production services in the role of Line Producer, Assistant Director, Production Manager, and Production Coordinator.
- Speaking and Teaching Engagements – Creative writing, filmmaking, business, project management and their intersections, and taking a non-traditional approach to life.
- And much more!
So reach out and let’s see how I can help you out. I would love to discuss whatever project you have in mind.